Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Strange "health" things



Germany has some health-related things that are new to me!
You can find Sauerkraut juice at the supermarket...evidently it can be used for "cleansing" or a hangover cure.



or while hiking along the other day we ran into a "Kneip". I thought it was a kiddy pool, and I was told that is was not. It's a pool with cold water (I think this one is fed from a stream) where you march around, holding onto the railing in the middle. It is supposed to be good for circulation, which Germans are very concerned about.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the 'circulation' issue...on some level...my (German)husband gets his nose clogged up from sleeping with a fan on, but will sleep with the window open with 25 degree F. temps outside...I don't get it! BUT I love him lol Different cultures...